[Fluxus] build-type crash

Ted tedr56 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 20:20:11 PDT 2011

> the following script crashes after running for about 1-2 minutes. it is
> a simple build/destroy script with type primitives. can someone repeat
> this or is it only happening on my setup?
>
> libGLU.dylib 0x970b1623 gluTessCallback + 371
> 1 fluxus-engine_ss.dylib 0x027bb430
> Fluxus::TypePrimitive::BuildGeometry(FT_GlyphSlotRec_* const&,
> Fluxus::TypePrimitive::GlyphGeometry&, float, bool) + 80
> 2 fluxus-engine_ss.dylib 0x027bd849
> Fluxus::TypePrimitive::SetText(std::basic_string<char,
> std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&) + 329
> 3 fluxus-engine_ss.dylib 0x0277cee4 build_type(int, Scheme_Object**) + 372
> -----
>
> (clear)
>
> (define objs '())
>
> (define (test)
>    (for-each
>      destroy
>      objs)
>
>    (with-state
>        (translate #(-5 6 0))
>        (set! objs
>          (for/list ([name (list "aa" "bb" "cc" "dd")])
>              (let ([t (build-type fluxus-scratchpad-font (string-append
> name " " (number->string (rndf))))])
>                (with-primitive t
>                      (scale .2))
>                (translate #(0 -1 0))
>                t)))))
>

> (every-frame (test))

I tried your script and didn't get to a crash like you, but after 15
minutes of running, fluxus was using 3Go of memory and seems to stay at
this amount. Maybe because all of the ram and swap were full... :-)
and at the first mouse move, all begin to lag and windows turned grey
(ubuntu not responding application signal)

speaking of destroy issues, I have aproblem with a little robot I
designed. I'm still in the idear of mixing script, and I wonder how to
destroy the build-balljoints primitives, I think they stay in memory to,
and a destroy on it don't seem to suit to fluxus.

Cheers.

Ted