[Fluxus] a bit lost in Git

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Mon Mar 28 15:03:42 PDT 2011

hi Kassen,

> updated and is now out of sync with mine. Git wants me to "merge", but last
> time I tried that function it showed up with big red letters on our savannah
> page. I think that one should be harmless, but it looks scary.
don't worry, you cannot do anything wrong that we cannot restore from
the git archive :). since helpmap.scm is generated, you cannot merge it
manually. after a pull, apart from helpmap.scm everything should be
automerged. run makehelpmap.scm, then run 'git add helpmap.scm', which
should fix the conflict. now you can commit and push.

> Could somebody please tell me what to do so I can't break anything and the
> master branch is more or less safe from my experiments?
make a remote branch from your local branch 'redacted'.

git push origin redacted:refs/heads/redacted
git config branch.redacted.remote origin
git config branch.redacted.merge refs/heads/redacted

best,