[Fluxus] Fluxa notes

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 09:10:59 PST 2011

>>  of course this would be the correct behaviour, but the sample should be
> cached after it has been loaded. now i think it is cached first than loaded
> by the async loader. and the sample remains in the cache even if the loading
> fails. this means that if you want to reload it later you cannot, because
> you get back the invalid sample node from the cache.

Ok, but it's not clear to me how we will distinguish between a faulty
drum-sample that we only want to attempt to load once and one that we have
since fixed and would like to reload. This is assuming (reload) is not a
option there as (reload) will attempt to reload everything and presumably
clear the cache.

On second thought; I'm not sure it does clear the cache, I saw increasing
numbers over a few Fluxa restarts using the same samples back before I
increased the jackd buffer.

Quite a few complicated questions for such a small synth program! :-)