[Fluxus] build issue on g4 tiger

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 06:58:31 PST 2011

> 'whereis' checks only in the standard binary directories. 'which' checks
> the full path i believe.

Learned something new.

> is racket in /Applications/Racket v5.1/bin/?

It is. Along with drracket, drscheme, gracket, etc.

> didn't you forget the export in .bash_profile?
> export PATH=$PATH:/opt/local/bin:/Applications/Racket\ v5.1/bin/

I may have been mistaken, but as it was it did seem to put racket in my
path. The line is now exactly as you put it above. Even logging out and back
in does not remedy the situation. I'm pasting some interaction with bash
below that I believe shows all settings are where they should be, yet it
doesn't work as it should.

----------------
Last login: Tue Mar  1 15:46:18 on console
Welcome to Darwin!
ji-youn-kang:~ kassen$ env
TERM_PROGRAM=Apple_Terminal
TERM=xterm-color
SHELL=/bin/bash
TERM_PROGRAM_VERSION=133-1
USER=kassen
__CF_USER_TEXT_ENCODING=0x1F6:0:0
PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/opt/local/bin:/Applications/Racket
v5.1/bin/
PWD=/Users/kassen
DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH=/Applications/Racket v5.1/lib/
SHLVL=1
HOME=/Users/kassen
LOGNAME=kassen
SECURITYSESSIONID=3c9cba0
_=/usr/bin/env
ji-youn-kang:~ kassen$ cd Fluxus/fluxus
ji-youn-kang:~/Fluxus/fluxus kassen$ scons
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
Fluxus: Configuring Build Environment
Checking for C header file scheme.h... no
ERROR: 'racket3m' must be installed!
ji-youn-kang:~/Fluxus/fluxus kassen$ cd /Applications/Racket\ v5.1/bin/
ji-youn-kang:/Applications/Racket v5.1/bin kassen$ ls
drracket        mred-text       pdf-slatex      plt-r6rs        setup-plt
drscheme        mzc             planet          plt-web-server  slatex
gracket         mzpp            plt-games       racket          slideshow
gracket-text    mzscheme        plt-help        raco            swindle
mred            mztext          plt-r5rs        scribble        tex2page
ji-youn-kang:/Applications/Racket v5.1/bin kassen$ racket --version
Welcome to Racket v5.1.

So; any ideas about next steps or tests would be welcome. I suppose I could
try the binary but that one predates some stuff that I really like so I'd
rather compile, it at all possible.

Thanks,