[Fluxus] redacted

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 12:01:15 PDT 2011

New topic so those not into Fluxa can easily filter out my experiments.

I added a "deltrig" node to redacted. It delays triggers.

(deltrig signal dur) will return whatever the "signal" node generates but
"signal" will get triggered with a delay of "dur". So; (play-now (sine
(deltrig (ramp 330 1000 1) 2))) should play a sine at 330 Hz for 2 seconds,
then take a second to slide from that value to 1KHz, then stay there until
we quit it. Things with obvious triggers; (adsr ), (sample ), (ks ), (ramp
).

This is cool for traditional modulation, for example delaying the onset of a
LFO's modulation before gradually increasing it (as many commercial synths
do) but combined with (add ) and (ramp ) it should also allow for
multi-stage envelopes of arbitrary length from Scheme functions.

Oh, and it's a experiment in seeing what we can make the plumbing of Fluxa
do with some creativity :-). May or may not be good for anything in
practice.