[Fluxus] fluxa startup beep?

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 07:01:24 PDT 2011

Dear list,

I'm sometimes (often, but not always) getting a noisy beep at Fluxa startup.
I started by seeing whether I couldn't have caused this myself but I really
don't think so. For now I'm also assuming it's not caused by the macports
jackd (still playing around with that G4). It seems to me like some issue
with the buffer's initial state. However; I notice that the buffer's memory
is zero-ed out at allocation (sample.cpp line 69), then immediately zero-ed
out again (fluxus.cpp lines 49 to 52).

I'm a bit lost here; on the one hand it sounds (through beeping) like not
enough zero-ing is being done yet the code does more zero-ing than I'd
expect would be needed.

Dave?