[Fluxus] xfade

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 04:20:01 PDT 2011

Dear list,

I just finished creating my first Fluxa node; "(xfade signal1 signal2 mix)".
As the name implies it crossfades between two signals, just like with pan a
mix of -1 means "all signal1", 1 means "all signal2". Because of this range
it's especially good at turning three simple oscillators into a more complex
spectrum or turning two stale signals into a evolving one. Because all three
parameters may be either nodes or constant floats it can also easily scale a
modulation signal to a range, for example to modulate pitch with a LFO
without nesting a few math nodes. As a utility thing it should have a lot of
other uses and generally make life easier.

As far as I can tell this works; it compiles, doesn't crash, doesn't seem to
cause other issues and so far works as expected. Since I'm learning C++
doing this I can't really give any warranties on that though :-). I created
a help entry in fluxa.ss, but so far can't get the fluxus help function to
recognize that.

Should I push this to git? Should I fix the help issue first? If so; how?