[Fluxus] Fluxa & sync

David Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Thu Jun 30 12:03:57 PDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-06-30 at 17:12 +0200, Kassen wrote:
>         i think it's netclock:
>         http://netclock.slab.org/wiki/index.php/Spec
>

> In Schemebricks's "start.sh" mention is made of a "slub sync deamon"
> which is called "syncup". I now noticed I have that one in the
> schemebricks dir too. What's not so clear is how to use it and there's
> no source.
>

> I'm hoping it's simple :-)

It's proprietary slub technology.

No it's here:
https://gitorious.org/flotsam/flotsam/trees/master/livenoisetools/syncup
It's quite simple, but still needs explanation - if you want to use it.

You got to the core of the problem with time in fluxus - it needs to be
sorted out (from spawn-timed-task to fluxa, frisbee and beyond) there
are lots of experimental approaches and they desperately need reining
in. The thing could well be the driver of this would be adding netclock
support.