[Fluxus] [RFC] Fluxus as an A/V batch synth

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Thu Jun 16 01:28:45 PDT 2011

hi Stefano,

> This was my idea: provide the script filename to the source, and let
> it generate the video and send it to the filterchain (no need of
> display rendering at this stage, as the objective is batch
> processing).
if it's batch processing you can export the frames using (framedump),
(tiled-framedump) or (start-framedump) and encode them using ffmpeg.

> Secondarily, I'd like to connect it with external applications, to
> read and pass processed data. With audio there are already existing
i would try writing an ffgl plugin here. you render the whole scene into
a pixel primitive and attach the plugin to it, which sends the frames to
the other application in shared memory.

i have an shm-texture client module for fluxus here that might help you,
although you will need a server instead:
http://gabor-fluxus.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/modules/shm-texture/

best,