[Fluxus] version

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 15:03:38 PDT 2011

Dear list,

I brought my Fluxus up to date today as a first step towards fixing the
known issues with redacted for a future merge.

Of course I ran into a baffling issue that of course turned out to be my own
fault for hard-coding stuff like this;

(require fluxus-017/fluxa)

into a "start-fluxa.scm" script that also sets some variables and utility
things. I'm lazy and on some days restart the whole thing, after
recompiling, a few dozen times. I called it "pilot error" and moved on, but
now I'm getting a creeping feeling; maybe it's entirely reasonable to set
such things in scripts then forget about them as they just work, as least
for as long as we'd like to work in that way.

Thus; would it be a idea to abstract the current version into some variable
indicating the version that could be appended by things like "fluxa" in
calls like this to create commands that will automatically update as
versions do?