[Fluxus] delay

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Sun Jul 10 23:39:14 PDT 2011

> I don't understand the usage of seed in there, and I am not sure why the
> code you added is located there (and not in the actual pattern
you cannot really use a delay function, because fluxus calls your
(every-frame) function regularly. the simple trick is to change the
generation parameters of the visuals and slow down gradually. since you
use random functions you have to reinitialize the random generator with
the same number to receive the same results. for example, when you run
(random-seed 1), and use (random), it will return the same sequence each
time. this applies to the (rndf) and (rndvec) functions of fluxus as
well, because they are also based on (random).

this is needed when the pattern generation is slowed down and it shows
the same pattern for several frames. you have to set the seed to the
same number at the beginning of each frame to receive the same result.

> The code you modify couldn't be run as is..
what do you mean it cannot be run? are you getting an error?

best,