[Fluxus] texture types (was Re: png diagonal oddness)

David Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Thu Jan 20 22:58:23 PST 2011

On Thu, 2011-01-20 at 22:26 +0100, Kassen wrote:
>         Yeah, I think that could be the problem.
>

> But according to The Gimp both working and glitching images are in
> "RGB" colour-space, so not "RGBA", which I would say should rule out
> alpha channel as a element. Additionally as you can see from my code;
> there are no per-image settings, at least not by me.

The problem is lack of an alpha channel. It's skewed in that way as it's
expecting 4 bytes per pixel but it's getting 3. You can use imagemagick
to check this:

identify -verbose terras1.png

(lots of stuff...)
  Channel depth:
    red: 8-bit
    green: 8-bit
    blue: 8-bit
    alpha: 1-bit
(lots of stuff...)

identify -verbose terras2.png

(lots of stuff...)
  Channel depth:
    red: 8-bit
    green: 8-bit
    blue: 8-bit
(lots of stuff...)

In gimp the existance of "add transparency" means it's RGB, you just
need to click that and save it and it will work.