[Fluxus] texture types (was Re: png diagonal oddness)

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 10:04:41 PST 2011

Dear list,

I'm sorry to have to complicated the matter yet further.

To avoid sending attachments to the list I posted two more files to the bug
tracker on the same topic/bug (
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?32180 ), as promised.

Both are 750x160 .png files (like the one already send). One glitches, the
other doesn't. I don't know enough about the anatomy of .png files to say
anything sensible about this but I do know that this means there is some
non-trivial weirdness here or at the very least that dimensions in pixels
aren't the only thing that affects whether or not a given texture displays
correctly.

I'm on a NVidea 6200 AGPx8 (not exactly new but the fastest that this
motherboard will take) with binary-blob drivers but we saw the same sort of
unusual behaviour in software rendering on Linux so I'm not convinced it'd
be the card that's to blame.