[Fluxus] Building woes - SOLVED

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 19:21:08 PST 2011

> Well I've got it running now. Thank you all for your time. I tried some
> of the examples and they are fantastic. The asteroids game was actually
> entertaining!

End good, all good. Welcome on board!

To add; I found that scons does a great job at finding dependencies and so
all is fine but the site misses a few that scons does detect. From memory;

libjpeg and libjpeg-dev
libpng  (ditto)
libtiff (ditto)

Contrary to Gabriel I do believe that jackd or jack2d is needed but having
Qjackctl should take care of that. Maybe Qjackctl has it's own server (?),
but even then being able to run without a second window means potentially
saving on a window manager. I found that that got me another 5+ fps thanks
to this list so now I'm quite interested in that :¬).

These days I just run scons next to  synaptic and get packages until scons
stops complaining. IMHO that's the best way but I suppose you can't put that
in installation instructions without scaring yet more people.