[Fluxus] advise on auto-start

David Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Thu Jan 13 13:11:39 PST 2011

Hi Kassen,

On Thu, 2011-01-13 at 21:41 +0100, Kassen wrote:

> Ok, next step; how do I tell people to turn something like this off?
> Simply using the power-plug and assume ext4's journalling will take
> care of any issues that may arise?

In my experience, they will just turn it on and off at the plug anyway
whatever you say. I haven't tried this, but in theory you could map a
key-press to (exit) and call halt at the end of the script (but that
would mean fluxus can't run in a loop).

However - in the dangerous cutting edge world of fine art galleries
"video art" is still extremely futuristic and controversial, "computers"
hardly even exist and are never to be touched for fear of viruses.

Oops ;)

Make sure you get them to take lots of pictures and video of the public
playing your game (or to be on the safe side do it yourself). I only say
this because I always forget due to being too worried about the tech
details.

And last but not least - well done!!!

cheerio,