[Fluxus] advise on auto-start

RPD ilostmyfiles at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 11:11:56 PST 2011

On Thu, 1/13/11, Kassen <signal.automatique at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, what I'm looking for is a very minimal desktop manager that I can
> simply give a "click me" icon or perhaps a way to simply start into Fluxus
> with no desktop and no window manager, no settings and nothing to go wrong.

I'm not an Ubuntu user but the net suggests that you have GDM and an option
called "Run Xclient Script" in the Sessions menu. You can choose that and
create a file called .Xclients in the home directory, containing
something like:

while true; do fluxus -fs -x my_stuff.scm; done

and chmod +x it... then there will be no icons, no windows, nothing but
fluxus, always coming back if it crashes. Dave may have done this with a
livecd already, but I forget so I tried it here (also using GDM) and it
did the trick.

--Rob