[Fluxus] jittery primitives

Lim, Seung Chan slim at alumni.cmu.edu
Mon Jan 3 12:10:45 PST 2011

Hi all,

First of all, I just wanted to thank the people behind Fluxus. This is
quite an amazing environment you guys have cooked up here. I'm brand
new to Scheme and Fluxus, but it took me no time to get oriented.
Great job!

I am experimenting with the physics feature of Fluxus and running into
issues where the primitives are vibrating (very jittery, I should
say).
They fall down from above, collide into one another, then fall to the
ground. I was hoping that the primitives would quickly come to rest
after that, but they start to jitter up and down in tiny increments,
and they also slide out in tiny increments as well. I'm guessing this
has to do with friction? I'm very new to ODE as well, so I am not so
familiar with how physics engines work.

I have the following set up

(gravity (vector 0 -5 0))
(ground-plane (vector 0 1 0 ) 0)
(collisions 1)
(set-max-physical 300)
(surface-params .1 1 1 0)

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated,

thanks!

slim