[Fluxus] redacted

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 14:15:14 PDT 2011

Dear list,

I just committed a update to my experimental "ctrl + t" feature. The way it
was the hotkey would make the selection match the blue syntax highlighting
if any was there. It still does but if there is none it tries to find the
expression we are in and highlights that (including any sub-expressions the
cursor is outside of yet that are inside of this scope). Repeated pressing
extends this selection outwards until we are at the topmost level where it
stops doing anything.

This seems handy for copying/erasing/selecting parts of complicated
expressions, as well as checking where the missing parenthesis is. This is
about as smart as the existing blue highlighting, so it won't point out the
issue with a expression like; "(foo { bar ) baz}" and will highlight areas
that contain incorrect expressions. It acts slightly differently though,
because when it starts searching it clearly doesn't know what type of
parenthesis it is looking for. This only becomes a issue with incorrect code
and verifying that the code is correct at all seems a bit beyond the scope
of a tool like this. I haven't been able to make it react wrongly to
correctly formatted code so far.