[Fluxus] Fluxa notes

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 04:05:11 PDT 2011

Dave,

I'm adding type-checking to fluxa.ss because the current situation (often no
checks before we get to the osc-send or even into Fluxa) seems asking for
trouble and makes errors much harder to find than should be needed,
especially as they sometimes end up in Fluxa's terminal when they could be
in the REPL.

I'm also running into some issues, most of which I can fix but this one is a
bit odd;

(define (searchpath path)
    (if (not (string? path))
        (raise-type-error 'searchpath "string" path)
        (begin
              (unless (member path fluxa-searchpaths)
                  (set! fluxa-searchpaths (cons path fluxa-searchpaths)))
              (osc-send "/addsearchpath" "s" (list path)))))

That's my edited version right now. Now, I just noticed the osc-send is
outside of the "unless" clause. This might be on purpose but I suspect
that's wrong and we'd only like to send it if it hasn't been send already.
As it is Fluxa might be storing a lot of double copies, I think, but there
might be other things affecting what Fluxa holds? I'm hesitant to go off
editing this without some debate because stuff like that might break for
example your setup at surprising moments.