[Fluxus] rubyk & fluxus

Gaspard Bucher gaspard at teti.ch
Thu Sep 16 06:44:26 PDT 2010

Hi Dave,
impromptu

> See main.cpp and Interpreter.cpp in fluxus/src for some source to do
> this. The fluxus scratchpad is just a glut application with a racket
> interpreter and text editor.

Thanks for the information, I will start there.

> Is there a reason you're not using something like swig? Just curious.

With Swig, you have to create "mapping" files, for a project like OpenCV,
this looked daunting to maintain (at least for me). On the other hand, the
"dub" binder understands the C++ files (thanks to Doxygen) and creates
bindings from trivial templates (one for each language). Since everything is
automatic, the bindings very closely map the original C++ methods, objects
and such.

The fact that Swig looked overkill, huge and that reading the manual would
have taken me as much time as writing Dub is another (irrational) reason.

My turn to be curious, what is the relation between (fluxus) and impromptu ?

G.