[Fluxus] strings

Luis navarro del angel luisn30 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 6 11:08:06 PDT 2010

Hi,

Today I have many questions, I would be so happy if you can help me with them,

1. Do you know how can I make the result of this code into a string, so I can use it with the primitive type?

(display (time)) (newline)

2. When I display in the repl the command (delta) it shows something like this,

Welcome to fluxus.
Type (help) for info.
0.08365499978879143
1.8226799953981754
0.01898999995205486
1.807019995437713
0.030509999922969655
1.7968049954635035
0.039779999899565155
1.7820899955006553
0.04067999989729287
1.780064995505768
0.04810499987854655
1.7738549955214467
0.04792499987900101

so this example doesnt work because the cube doesnt rotate 45°

 clear)
(define my-cube (build-cube))
(every-frame
        (with-primitive my-cube
               (rotate (vector (* 45 (delta)) 0 0))))

3. And also if I write the following code, mi cube rotates on the "y" axis, shouldnt be on the "x" axis?

(define (cube)
    (rotate (vector (* 45 (sin (time))) 0 0))
    (draw-cube))
(every-frame (cube))

Thank you very much,

Luis