[Fluxus] (key-modifiers) was Re: Fluxus on Windows - buttons?

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 06:07:58 PDT 2010

Hey, Gabor

> (key-modifiers) is added to git which returns a list of the modifier keys
> symbols ('shift, 'alt and 'control). only these three are handled by glut.

Those and Alt-gr are the only ones on my keyboard anyway so that should do
the trick. Personally I'm no big fan of binding to Apple/Windows keys
because those aren't present everywhere and it makes explanations so much
more complicated ("press foo on Windows, or Bar on a Mac, otherwise press
baz, and.....")

> it might need some more work, because the list only changes when an input
> event occurs, meaning you press a key or do something with the mouse.
> pressing a modifier key in itself does not generate an input event. let me
> know what you think.

I think this should do the trick, at least for now. The only reason I can
think of to press shift on it's own would be pinball games and those can
wait until ODE is done with sometimes crashing.

Thanks gain!