[Fluxus] Hi and where (and what) are the examples?

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Thu Oct 7 14:24:09 PDT 2010

hi Stefan,

welcome to fluxus.

> something called "the examples". I've installed fluxus on OSX, and under
> Fluxus.app/Contents/Resources I find a bunch of directories with stuff - are
> the examples somewhere in here?
the dmg should contain the examples folder unless you have installed the
tiger version which is not uptodate as far as i remember.

> I installed fluxus on Ubuntu Studio using
> apt-get, so now I have /usr/bin/fluxus, and there is some stuff under
> /usr/share/fluxus, but they don't look like examples.
i think it's in /usr/local/share/doc/fluxus-017/ or in
/usr/share/doc/fluxus-017/

> I'll be using fluxus on Ubuntu (my OSX Jack installation confuses me), so if
it should not confuse you. install the jack version which is mentioned
on the fluxus page. i have been planning to start a chapter on jack and
fluxus in the documentation.

best,