[Fluxus] kinetic

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 13:23:03 PST 2010

>>  it would be a nice fluxus module indeed. i think it would need its own
> special module, since the kinect also provides the depth map and other
> useful information apart from the video image. we were planning a plugin
> system with dave that would allow us to interface modules with internal
> fluxus primitive types and data easily. this way the module could send the
> video and the depth map as two pixel primitives.

Great stuff!

That demo I linked to makes it look a bit like it acts as a webcam that
creates a single image consisting of two "viewports" side by side, with the
left one being the depth-map. A image like that could be treated by Fluxus,
but I shudder to think of the amount of per-pixel-per-frame processing.

At any rate the future looks bright, thanks to the affordable and open tools
of our friends in Redmond! ;¬)