[Fluxus] kinetic

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Tue Nov 16 02:14:30 PST 2010

> I could see this being something to support once the driver would
> mature a bit. Assuming it acts more or less like a webcam it might
> already work with the video input extension and some trickery?
it would be a nice fluxus module indeed. i think it would need its own
special module, since the kinect also provides the depth map and other
useful information apart from the video image. we were planning a plugin
system with dave that would allow us to interface modules with internal
fluxus primitive types and data easily. this way the module could send
the video and the depth map as two pixel primitives.

best,