[Fluxus] Crossplatform feature status

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Wed Mar 10 23:32:11 PST 2010

hi Ryan,

> fluxus on it.  From what I understand, the windows port is severly
> lacking, the mac os x powerpc port is effectively dead, and the intel
> mac port is running into 64/32 bit issues with Jack when capturing sound.
i think all 64-bit platforms are a bit problematic. a mac with 32-bit
leopard should work fine. on the other hand, last week during our
chmod+x workshop one of the participants managed to route music through
jack in 64-bit snow leopard.

> What is the most feature-complete platform that fluxus runs on?  Does
> anyone know what system Dave and Dan use fluxus on?  I would assume
as far as i know, dave uses a t43. i also have a similar thinkpad, but i
would only buy a laptop with an nvidia card, because ati tends to drop
support for older graphics cards in their linux driver.

best,