[Fluxus] 'polygon

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Wed Mar 3 23:02:56 PST 2010

Hi Kassen,

On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 16:52 +0100, Kassen wrote:

> You can start at the inner corner too, if you'd like, but not at any
> other.
>

> I used basically that for the side of my "shop" when I started
> adapting stuff to use wireframes and 'triangle-strip wouldn't do any
> more. I think you can build any shape S for which there is a point P
> that is on the boundary of S and from where a straight line can be
> drawn to every other point on this outline without ever crossing the
> outline.

Clever! This may not work on all graphics cards, as it's making
assumptions about how the hardware does the tesselation.

In practice though it's possible that they all have converged on this
approach as the fastest. It works here anyway :)

The official approach from the OpenGL docs is that you shouldn't use
polygons to draw concave shapes, and the fluxus docs should be
consistent with this I think.