[Fluxus] error with ffgl on Mac OS 10.6

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Mon Mar 1 01:04:27 PST 2010

Eric Wafford wrote:
> Your example doesn't work for me, even if I specify locations. Error as follows:
>

> Original error of example:
>
> fgl-push: expects argument of type <number>: given #<void>
> FFGL plugin cilenticularhalogenerator:
> dlopen(cilenticularhalogenerator.bundle/Contents/MacOS/cilenticularhalogenerator,
> 6): image not found
>
> hardcoded path error:
>
> ffgl-push: expects argument of type <number>: given #<void>
> FFGL plugin /Applications/fluxus/Fluxus.app/Contents/Resourcs/plugins/cilenticularhalogenerator:
> dlopen(/Applications/fluxus/Fluxus.app/Contents/Resourcs/plugins/cilenticularhalogenerator.bundle/Contents/MacOS//Applications/fluxus/Fluxus.app/Contents/Resourcs/plugins/cilenticularhalogenerator,
> 6): image not found
try to add .dylib at the and of the path cilenticularhalogenerator.dylib.

while typing this, i think found the problem. i probably forgot to
statically link the plugins. i'm going to recompile the dmg shortly.

> Also, I have never been able to get copy and paste to work... is there
> some secret to doing it on mac? Especially Error messages, I have to
> type them out.. but code either. I can't copy/paste around fluxus,
> copy out, or paste in code to fluxus.
this does not work unfortunately. if you use the binary app, you can
copy the error messages from the osx application Console.
to copy/paste code you can just save/load an scm that you can edit in an
ordinary editor.

best,