[Fluxus] Mapping question

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Mon Jul 19 14:10:56 PDT 2010

> How to make a mapped projection with Fluxus.
> I did it with something like pixel->texture and a plane, but is there a better way?
i'm not sure what you are trying to do, but i think you need to render
your scene into a pixel primitive and map its texture to the 3d model of
the environment you want to project on. good example is dave's
planetarium module and the planetarium.scm in the example folder that
uses it.

> I thought about the viewports. Would be possible to make them no rectangular?
i don't think that's possible.

> And finally, the big question : How to make a mask to not project on unmapped zone?
you either make your environment model not to cover the area you don't
want to project on, or you might try a 2d overlay texture, which draws
over the unwanted areas with black.

best,