[Fluxus] Make fluxus build system respect CXXFLAGS and friends?

Karl Svec karlsvec at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 10:06:32 PDT 2010

Hello all,

It would be nice if the fluxus build system were made aware of CXX,
CXXFLAGS, LDFLAGS and so forth, rather than hard-coding the build
environment in the SConscript files. I know this isn't much of an
issue on Linux, where the system-installed GCC is generally the only
compiler anyone would ever use, but on the Mac, I have a wealth of
compilers to choose from (gcc 4.0, gcc 4.2, MacPorts gcc, llvm-gcc,
clang). Being able to set compilers and optimization flags on the
command line rather than having to edit the build scripts would be a
welcome addition.

Thanks,

Karl