[Fluxus] commits + recalc-normals bug

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Sun Jan 17 08:48:54 PST 2010

> I just 'fixed' this. The behaviour of sharp or smooth normals for
> indexed poly prims is implicitly determined by the indexing.
great, thanks. on the other hand, it seems that obj files have sharp
face normals instead of smoother vertex normals. so the new way how
(recalc-normals 1) works with obj files, won't help.

> Food for thought - would it be simpler if we removed support for
> non-indexed polygon primitives? We could also restrict the types to
> triangle or quad lists.
i'm not sure, do you think it would be simpler? i often use non-indexed
polygon primitives, for example when i'm dealing with faces (colouring
them individually, exploding them, etc.), but probably it could be done
with indexed primitives also. polygon types can also be handy when
drawing circles. so i'm not sure we should remove them unless it really
simplifies things.

best,