[Fluxus] puzzle

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Sat Jan 16 01:41:47 PST 2010

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what function this series of numbers appear to come
from?:

0 1 2 3 5 7 10 14 20 28 40 54 74 101 137 187 255

They are the mappings from the frequency buffer to the 16 bins used by
(gh n). It seems that we've only ever been looking at the lower 256
samples from the frequency transformed audio buffer(!), so I need to
scale them, but I'd also like to know the function so we can make the
number of frequency bins configurable.

I must have copied them from somewhere, but I'm guessing this is quite a
simple question for someone who knows about dsp theory :)