[Fluxus] Music videos with Fluxus

Chris Targett xin at xlevus.net
Sun Jan 10 23:12:08 PST 2010

I'm wanting to use Fluxus to create some music videos. Prerecorded
audio, no rendered code, just visuals reacting to the music, and the
code changing in time to the music.

My rough guess at the best way to do this was to have a text
storyboard with chunks of code associated with a time. e.g.

[00:00:00.0]
(define (render)
     (draw-cube)
)
(every-frame (render))

[00:00:10.0]
(define (render)
    (scale (gh 0))
    (draw-cube)
)

Then have Fluxus poll a service via OSC or somesuch, telling the
service the current frame/time so that it can return the appropriate
code for Fluxus to execute.

Would this be the right way to go about it?

If so,
 * how do you execute code from within code?
 * I'm assuming that (process) doesn't care how long a frame takes to
render, so even if the code-timing service took a while to respond the
end result would still be smooth?

Cheers,
Chris Targett