[Fluxus] avoiding glitches and sphere normals

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 10:20:07 PST 2010

> it's not that difficult. you just copy the points and normals and build
> your triangles from the data. something like this:

Of course! And borrowing the normals like this will mean the new version
should be smooth looking as well. And this technique should still be viable
for nurbs spheres when I get round to hills. Great.

(hint-normalise) also improved matters a lot. It brings out the lighting a
lot better too and made me re-tweak that. I'd like to suggest this be added
to the manual pdf as right now I can't find it there.

and congrats for your village project. it evolved very nicely in the last
> months.

Thanks! I'm happy with it. it's nice to see it grow and also my
Scheme/Fluxus skills reflected in it. I'm going to keep working on this, it
could be a lot more elaborate. Especially the animations could be more
intelligent. As it is it keeps the attention for a few minutes so that's ok
for exhibitions but not so good for 45 minute musical performances. It might
be nice if the world would get "colonised" over the course of a song, with
multiple models for various stages of buildings getting constructed.
Different sounds might lead to a preference for different sorts of
buildings. Of my recent projects it also seems to appeal to most people,
that's of course good too.

Yours,
kas.