[Fluxus] save-as feature request.

Pedro DeKeratry pdekeratry at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 15:11:39 PST 2010

Hi all,

One thing I've noticed that doesn't work ( even on the latest .17b1)
quite right with save-as is an absolute path like
/home/user/devel/fluxus-stuff/script.scm isn't interpreted as such and
fluxus  tries to save something like
"/home/user/devel/fluxus-stuff//home/user/devel/fluxus-stuff/" which
of course fails. I know that if you keep in mind what your pwd
directory is then you can just put in relative paths, however, I've
also noticed that if I use some of plt's directory/file-system
commands that the pwd that fluxus uses for ctrl-d changes and so it
quickly turns into a confusing mess.

I'd like to suggest that the save-as (ctrl-d) feature should work like
the load feature (ctrl-l) but with the additional display of the pwd
and a field where I have the option of typing in the file ( in case
it's easier to do that or it's simply a new file ) instead of
selecting an already existing one.

If this suggestion is acceptable to you guys then I'd also like to
volunteer to make these changes to the source base if possible. I've
perused through the source tree and have gotten a general sense as to
what's where but no doubt the nuances still escape me. I've submitted
a request for inclusion to Dave on the Savannah site ( user name
solidstatesnake ). Do I have to pass a prelim coding test or something
to get in? Submit a few patches first?

--Pedro