[Fluxus] anti-alias, hint-wire, depth-sort

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 00:22:31 PST 2010

Dear list,

I've been experimenting with (hint-wire) to get a more "ink-drawn" feel. I
then noticed that the pixels right next to my lines would exhibit single
pixel glitches in white. Not everywhere but enough to be noticed and in a
noisy fashion. I wondered where this white could come from as I wasn't using
a white background. At a hunch I turned off my clouds and the
issue disappeared. This leads me to suspect that the blending of anti-alias
doesn't respect depth-sort and it's opposite when determining the colour
of adjacent pixels. I believe the white I saw came from my clouds that were
behind "the world".

Is that enough to reproduce the issue? I could try to set up the most simple
scene that exhibits it.