[Fluxus] my village(s) update

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 09:10:38 PST 2010

Dear list,

I'd just like to share my happiness about having survived a fair amount of
trigonometry and manipulations on transformation matrices last night, with
the present results;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/41408203@N02/4343964434/sizes/o/

Inspired by "the little prince" and Rob Bothof (who kept urging me to go
through with this) I started putting my models on a sphere. Advantages;
looks far more cute and there are no more questions about what to do with
the "edges of the world". The downside is that I fear the moment when I'll
get round to re-implementing clouds and wind-direction in this version. Good
ideas are welcome there; the main issue is that I don't want two windmills
facing wildly different directions next to each other and that windmills
should more or less face the direction clouds are moving in. Also good would
be hints on how to make clouds move on this; linear movement is easy,
movement on a sphere less so, I think.

I'd share the code but I split it up over several files as it was getting
huge (procedural modelling of castle-walls using pdata turns out to eat
lines for breakfast) so if there is a interest I can create a zip when done.
It might make a nice backdrop for heated debate with differing perspectives
as the sphere rotates ;-).