[Fluxus] save-as feature request.

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 16:59:19 PST 2010

Dear list,

I have a bit of a issue with the save-as dialogue (ctrl + d). I tried to
save as "foo/bar.scm" where "foo" was (accidentally) a non-existent folder
because I had become confused about the current dir. This led to neither the
script being saved nor to a error. Fortunately in this case I was testing
something and tried to find the file immediately so no work was lost.
However, I feel that when "save" -for some reason- fails to save then this
should be reported to the user instead of failing silently.

In this case no harm was done but I could imagine this leading to very sad
looks the morning after a fit of inspiration. To paraphrase Sun Tzu; "he who
solves sad looks does so before they arise". ;-)