[Fluxus] help file

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Sun Dec 26 12:59:32 PST 2010

> Thanks - that's really useful to discover all that Fluxus can do - is
> it online ? it reminded me of how I learned processing going trough
we used to have it online, but i could only find older versions on the
fluxus site: http://www.pawfal.org/fluxus/docs/
i think it's a good idea to make it up-to-date. dave, could you update it?

> On another note - can I put texture in a recursive script ? It doesn't
> seems to work, and I suspect  that it's because if the load-texture is
> inside the recursion it keeps getting loaded and create an overload ??
it should work. (load-texture) caches textures, so if you give the same
filename to it, it returns the cached texture after the first time.

> I read that the latest update supposed to help with texturing recursive script ?
it's helping with feedback effects. for example, you render a rotating
cube, and you use the rendered image on the cube as a texture.

> Here is my code so far - taken from basic example - my texture is
(texture) can be on the top level, since all the objects have the same
textures. the states you make later will inherit the texture and all
other attributes of the top level state.

> (rotate (vector (* 10 (time)) (time)(* 10 (time)) (time)(* 10 (time))))
this rotation vector has 4 elements instead of 3.

are you sure fluxus can find your texture?