[Fluxus] Problems compiling latest

evan.raskob [lists] lists at lowfrequency.org
Tue Dec 21 04:38:54 PST 2010

On Dec 20, 2010, at 10:49 PM, gabor papp wrote:

>> That would be great! What would the ffgl plugin do? Manipulate some
>> vertex data for a 3D object?
> the plugin would render the whole animata file into a pixel primitive.
> it might listen to osc messages like animata does. so you would give
> the
> filename to the ffgl plugin, and send osc messages to a certain port
> control the animation.

I see - so it would essentially live in a separate world from the
normal fluxus objects.

The only problem I can see with that, is if it is all rendered into a
pixel primitive, there's no way to do any collision detection across
each object in the animata scene.  What I'd really like, I think, is
to have each object as a separate, textured fluxus primitive, so I
could move them about separately.

>> Do you think it make sense for me to write a parser that reads the
>> .nmt files and creates triangulated shapes out of them using
>> (build-polygons nverts 'triangle-strip) and then iterating through
>> the shape's pdata?
> it would probably require more work, and if you want to animate
> complex scenes the simulation might be slow in scheme. it depends on
> what you would like to do.

You think it's more work? Hmm.... I suppose you mean because it's
originally all in C++? Do you have an example of a standalone Animata
parser/player in C++ without the GUI bits? There's a lot of code to go
through, although it's pretty straightforward, I could see adapting it
to something like OF or Cinder.

best
evan