[Fluxus] Problems compiling latest

evan.raskob [lists] lists at lowfrequency.org
Mon Dec 20 04:05:37 PST 2010

On Dec 18, 2010, at 8:15 PM, gabor papp wrote:

>> Actually, that would be great, I wanted to do a project using both in
>> fluxus. Thanks!
> http://mndl.hu/fluxus/fluxus-0.17-1.20101218git.mac_intel.10.5.dmg.zip
> you need to install the 32bit version of jackosx.

Thanks - I also got it working on my old 10.5 machine (it does pay to
have an extra one of those around!).

>> The ARToolkit module does compile, by the way.  And, since
>> openframeworks can do both (I finally have a working example of how
>> to do it[1]) in 10.6.5, we should be able to get them both working in
>> fluxus!
> it would be great, although as far as i know openframeworks is
> forced to build in 32-bit even on a 64-bit osx.

Yeah, you're right... I also looked at libcinder and it's the same.
Pretty crap, makes you want to switch to linux for good!

>> Also, is there any Animata support in Fluxus? I'd love to do some
>> virtual puppetry in fluxus.  If not, I may build some...
> that would be great. there's no animata module. i was thinking to
> make an animata player lib, extracting the code similarly to the
> processing lib and an use it in an ffgl plugin that could be loaded
> in fluxus and lots of other programs, but i could not find the time
> for it yet.

That would be great! What would the ffgl plugin do? Manipulate some
vertex data for a 3D object?  Do you think it make sense for me to
write a parser that reads the .nmt files and creates triangulated
shapes out of them using (build-polygons nverts 'triangle-strip) and
then iterating through the shape's pdata?

> btw, animata probably won't work properly in 10.6 either, at least
> that's what i have been told. and i probably cannot access a 10.6
> computer until middle january to fix it.

I don't know about compiling it (I think that's broken) but it does
run on 10.6 just fine.

> thanks for the svg reader code!

you're welcome, hope it comes in handy...

Best
Evan