[Fluxus] Problems compiling latest

evan.raskob [lists] lists at lowfrequency.org
Sat Dec 18 10:49:05 PST 2010

On 18 Dec 2010, at 18:42, gabor papp wrote:

> hi Evan,
>
>> because Quicktime couldn't be linked into a 64bit app? Is there a way
>> to compile both addons on OS X 10.6 currently?
> i don't think so, because of quicktime we have to rewrite the video lib. you have to compile with ADDONS=0

Right, that sucks.  What were you using in the past to do AR? Was that using PLT Scheme and not Racket?

>> 2) Compiling FluxusMain.cpp gives this error:
>>
>> src/FluxusMain.cpp: In constructor
>> 'fluxus::FluxusMain::FluxusMain(int, int)': src/FluxusMain.cpp:85:
>> error: no matching function for call to 'min(int, intptr_t&)'
> this is odd. which version of racket are you building with?
> the problematic expression is this:
> min(4, SCHEME_VEC_SIZE(t))
>
> according to /Applications/Racket v5.0.1/include/scheme.h Scheme_Vector size is int:
>
> typedef struct Scheme_Vector {
>  Scheme_Inclhash_Object iso;
>  int size;
>  Scheme_Object *els[1];
> } Scheme_Vector;
>
> it might be changed with 64bit racket...

I think it is just with 64 bit Racket.  I'm committing a fix now, just need another temporary int variable.  Or we could cast the result, but I think a temp variable is more efficient.  Not a big deal, I suppose.

Best
Evan