[Fluxus] MIDI clock

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 03:14:25 PST 2010

> No problem, I found "Go" very funny :)

Me too.

> I've very quickly read the code of RtMidi yesterday, time-stamping is
> platform-dependent (Win/MacOS/Linux).

That makes total sense as the ideas about "time" are quite different.
Fortunately both Fluxus and Racket try to abstract them.

> After a quick look at fluxus-midi, it was obvious it would be easy and
> quick to implement, so I did it.

Perfect.

> I didn't plan to do anything else in fluxus, but why not!
> The only thing is I can't dedicate all my free time to fluxus. Adding MIDI
> sync was a very precisely defined task.
> If people using fluxa want me to add time stamps or whatever, they'll have
> to explain me precisely their needs.
> Chime in, folks! :)

That's perfectly fine, I think. I might give it a go as that part is
something I'm interested in. If it's beyond me somebody with more experience
might take it up. It's "Free" as in "speech", not as in "free with purchase
of 10 things you don't want or need".

> Well, in the case of RtMidi, they're not magic: the first byte of the
> message determines the length of the message (except for SysEx).
> Be ashamed. ;)

(define bytes_per_normal_msg 3) ;-)

> > Either way I'm excited by this idea.
>
> :)

Now I'm also excited by the idea that I can end lines of code with ";-)".