[Fluxus] MIDI clock

gowiththeflow at free.fr gowiththeflow at free.fr
Tue Dec 7 06:06:08 PST 2010

Hi guys,

I've added MIDI sync to fluxus. I've defined a new function, (midi-position), which returns a vector #(bar beat clock)
bar is, well, the bar number (0 to infinite)
beat is the count of quarter notes inside the current bar (0 to 3)
clock is the subdivision of quarter note (0 to 23 as the MIDI norm defines 24 clocks per quarter note).

At 128 BPM, a clock is received 51.2 times per second, quite fine for a smooth animation :)

If you're OK, Ted will add this to git. Suggestions of improvement are welcome.

I've also found what I think is a bug in RtMidi :

        else if ( status == 0xF8 ) {
          size = 1;
          if ( data->ignoreFlags & 0x02 ) {
            // A MIDI timing tick message and we're ignoring it.
            size = 0;
            iByte += 3;
          }

I think it should be "iByte += 1;"...

I've contacted Gary P. Scavone but got no reply from him... Should this fix also be commited to git?

Thank you.

--
    G.