[Fluxus] custom ports

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 07:12:40 PDT 2010

> Hey Dave!

> I don't have enough time to look into this deeply (sadly not much time for
> fluxus atm) but it should be possible to attach the text to the camera
> transform so it stays at the same place relative to the camera and the
> screen all the time.

The only way that I can think of for this would be a task. Maybe there is
something more clever but parenting won't work.

> Also, I have a similar although not so advanced error reporting thing in
> scheme bricks - but I didn't use the port as I wanted to catch all errors
> *before* they broke the evaluation:
>
> (define (sb-error-handler n)
>    (print-error (exn-message n)))
>
> (with-handlers ([(lambda (x) #t) sb-error-handler])
>    (run-livecoded-stuff) )

I'll look into this.

> We could wrap the every-frame callback like this and send it to your error
> stuff - it might be simpler (or on the other hand it might not work at
> all)...

There is actually something odd about the every-frame call back. When it
calls livecoded stuff and the inevitable typo hits you get a hard to read
error. Then calling the offending function from the repl gets you a error
that plainly says what's wrong.I've been wondering about that.

I'll try some stuff, but first I need to sort out my fluxus installation
which broke trying to upgrade to the racket branch Now it does compile, but
refuses to run claiming;

fluxus: error while loading shared libraries: libracket3m-5.0.1.so: cannot

I find that a bit odd, as it clearly knew where to find that while
compiling.