[Fluxus] commits

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 17:04:16 PDT 2010

> sorry, i could not resist :).

Well, you really had me. All the more because those more far-fetched ones
would be funny to include in Fluxus, exactly because they were far-fetched
and have those long names.

This really seemed like a good idea to me. At the very least it would have
been in defiance of the corporate perspective on coding.

> there are two functions: (build-polyhedron) and (build-polyhedron-edges)

This looks seriously interesting. I thought it looked quite straightforward
until I saw the 2MB+ file (oops!).

Couldn't we get a lot of this with some basic shapes to start with and some
functions defining permutations? That might not (easily) get us everything
but it would be quite elegant syntactically. I think a strategy like that
could bring a decent number of these shapes and principles down to a level
that would be casual fun again. I'll try some crude experiments when I get
the time, just to get a feel for the subject matter.

Jokes, I'm still convinced, are only funny when they have some serious
component.