[Fluxus] new feature

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 04:37:45 PDT 2009

> do you know about ctrl+h that hides the code?

Yes, I do, but I didn't think I could still hit "enter" or "run" to have the
framedump code execute while it was hidden. What I've been doing now is
start a buffer with a framedump command, then hit enter until it went off
the top of the screen, then ran it. Slightly silly and it leaves the cursor
in the lower left corner (at least with a 50% chance, I think).

> also you can use (tiled-framedump) instead of (framedump). it has a feature
> or side-effect that it does not render the code, just the visuals.

Ah, then that's what I'll look into.

> although i don't see the point displaying the visuals without the code,
> since it's not toplap compatible for sure.
>
> Yes, well, that is another issue that I have. I tried to live in a TOPLAP
compliant way; not only did I continually blurt out creative and
artistically stimulating orders to everyone around me, I also shared the
thoughts behind them. This merely led to bewildered looks, a rather high
taxi bill and a dog that will now likely not grow up to guide the blind at
first but then I was slapped in the face a few times and had to quit the
experiment in order to get certain persons to drop the obscenity charges.
Both my lawyer and my therapist recommend that I don't talk about this
incident in detail.

I was hoping somebody like you might explain how I could live in a TOPLAP
compliant way without getting into too much trouble. It's slightly
embaracing to talk about but I need help.

> i was thinking about making the text colour programmable. that could make
> hiding the scratchpad possible from code as well.

That would be great. Just to take a good idea beyond the sensible; we could
have music-dependant self-referential syntax highlighting as well. This
would have a single practical use in setting proper syntax highlighting in
the startup file and a ton of opportunities for counter-productive
wrongheadedness.

;-)