[Fluxus] new feature

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 03:46:14 PDT 2009

> the effects can be switched on and off with f9.

Ah, great. For a moment I feared I would be required to know the code from
memory, as well as intuitively sense where the cursor is, like great chess
players aren't supposed to need to be able to see the board. :-)

This is lovely stuff and to me it seems to fit perfectly in the "fluxus
feel".

Would it make sense to also add a function to this that would make the code
invisible? What I've been longing for is to be able to write a "(snap)"
function that would make the code invisible, wait a frame (for this to have
effect), take a frame dump (probably with a time-stamp or a number in the
name), then turn the code back on. Right now we either need to capture our
whole screen from outside fluxus or there will be (at least) a cursor in the
image in the case of framedumps. I can't see a way to make the code
invisible from within the language as it stands (I looked).

Of course we would also use it to make the code blink to the beat and still
end up unable to edit when our musical partner falls silent, but situations
like that seem to be a given.