[Fluxus] treetris & game distribution

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Fri May 29 09:36:48 PDT 2009

> This is the first test I've done of using fluxus for crossplatform game
> distribution:
nice!

> We should have the same kind of thing working for OSX soon, I think the
> main things needing to be done are finding out a way to get the current
> working directory from an executable, so we can load stuff using
> relative paths, and adjusting the static build to include the libraries
> needed for that platform.
you can get the resources directory of the osx app with something like this:

    char data_location[MAXPATHLEN];
    // get osx app bundle resources directory
    CFURLRef url =
CFBundleCopyResourcesDirectoryURL(CFBundleGetMainBundle());
    CFURLGetFileSystemRepresentation(url, true, (unsigned char
*)data_location, MAXPATHLEN);

    CFRelease(url);

i tried to build fluxus statically when i was working on the osx app. i
encountered the problem that a couple of macports libraries only have
dynamic versions and not static ones.

best,