[Fluxus] Output of 'gh'

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Fri May 22 02:49:15 PDT 2009

> Ok so that means we have a fixed relation between frequencies and
> harmonics, e.g. a sine pitch of 440hz will always be assigned to the
> very same harmonic. So it might look like this:
>
> frequency(-band)	harmonic
> 25...50...75        0
> 50...100..150       1
> 100..200..300       2
i might be wrong here, but probably dave will help me out here.

if you construct an fft with the buffer size of 1024 and and a sample
rate of 44100 hz, then the spectrum will contain values for frequencies
below 22010 hz. the 22010 hz will be assigned to 1024 frequency bands
equally, similarly to your table above. but these frequency bands will
be post processed to get the values that are called harmonics in fluxus.
and the mapping here is non-linear. there are no overlapping
frequencies. the first 256 bands are used, some are contributing to
harmonic 0, some to harmonic 1, etc.

best,